Plan Your Best Year Yet!
No…it’s not a joke! If you ever feel unclear or confused about your next steps, planning always helps. As we approach 2021, this is a great opportunity to reflect and review. So, what are your plans for the year ahead? Have you given it much thought? Or are you like many, too consumed in the scale and social dynamics of COVID-19 to give a damn?
When we encounter situations beyond our control, or feel overwhelmed and anxious about the road ahead, it is easy to shy away from our goals and aspirations. This is the time we need support and encouragement to get us back on track. If like me, you are motivated when you have a goal, then here are some tips to help you get started and ensure your 2021 is off to a good start.
1. Create a diary – write a list of things you hope to achieve in 2021.
2. Rather than look back at what you could not achieve, look ahead to what is possible or realistic.
3. Remain optimistic in bleak times and surround yourself with positivity.
4. Start a new hobby or interest that will lighten your mood.
5. Find a support system. Share your goals with friends or someone who will encourage and join you on your path to achieving your goals.
6. Reward yourself when you have achieved your targets.
7. Never be discouraged in times of failure, but use it as a learning tool.
8. Take everything one day at a time. Don’t overwhelm yourself with too many tasks.
9. Everything must fit around your lifestyle and capabilities to maintain balance and stability.
“If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavour”.- Eleanor Roosevelt