We are excited to host another family event this year, with a twist. On Sunday 1st May 2022, is our Family 5k Fun Run and Umbrellathon. What is an Umbrellathon you ask? it’s a fun run or walk with an umbrella, decorated with a theme in mind. The theme this year is carnival! The umbrella is a symbol of unification and a sense of feeling protected. Apart from the weather, at some point over the past two years, we may have all felt the need to be protected from various things and situations happening in our lives.
We are asking the entire family to get involved and show your creativity in designing an umbrella that will be sure to stand out. All proceeds in aid of the Prykhodko family from Ukraine, now residing in the UK. Please read their story here: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/squat2fit and help them to rebuild their lives.
Please register below to confirm your attendance.
- The theme is Carnival. Decorate your umbrella’s with this in mind.
- The run/walk will take place at 10am in Woking Park, meeting opposite the bandstand.
- We ask that all participants are present 10 minutes earlier for a briefing.
- The event is opened to everyone.
- One umbrella per registered family, can be entered into the competition.
- Any size umbrella is accepted. If you are running or walking with your umbrella, be mindful of those around you.
- Umbrella’s will be judged by a group of volunteers.
- Umbrella’s must be marked with the entrants name.
- There are prizes for the top nine most creative umbrella’s.
- All children under 11 must be suprivised at all times and if participating in the run, must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Medals will be given to the top three 5k run finishers in the following age groups: Under 11’s, 12-17 years and 18 and over.
- Please note that this is a fun run and not a timed event.
- Photographs of the event will be taken, to be used for marketing purposes. By agreeing to partipate, you give your consent to be photgraphed.
- Little Bakers, Big Hearts will host a cake sale at the event. All proceeds in aid of The Prykhodko Family.
- Thank you to our sponsors for donating some amazing prizes: Hobby Craft, Araceli’s Restaurant, The Entertainer Toy Shop, Everest Spice Restaurant, Tesco Express, Trumps Dry Cleaning and Harpers Photographic and Allen’s Physiotheraphy.